Friday, May 4, 2012

Picnik's Replacement



My favorite online photo editing tool Picnik is over last April 19, 2012. Google bought Picnik's technology to enhance their Creative Kit for their Google+.

Sigh.

Good thing internet contains tons and tons of alternative that can be use in replace of Picnik. Today, I googled the keyword "photo editing online" to look for Picnik's replacement.

Here are the websites found on the first page of Google search.

1. FreeOnlinePhotoEditor.com

The site contains various functions such as resize, crop, rotate, enhance, brightness/contrast, sharpen/blur, saturation, effects, special effects, text and glitter text. I am sure that this can do a lot in terms of editing my photos, however, this does not have the Picnik feel so I didn't try it out.

2. Pixlr.com

Unlike the FreeOnlinePhotoEditor.com, Pixlr offers an attractive interface. I tinkered on it a little and I found out that it is a great tool. It is like an online Photoshop. It felt like, I was using Photoshop itself.

Pixlr has mobile support. If you're using iPhone or an android powered phone this seems handy. It also have pixlr-o-matic and pixlr express which is like Instagram. It contains predefined editing for your photos.

However, this is not what I need. For me this has too much complexity.

3. Fotoflexer.com

Fotoplexer for me is a good replacement for Picnik for a couple of reasons. It has predefined effects that is user friendly. However, I don't know why but I felt I want something better.

4. piZap.com

It looks promising at the start however, as I click on the Start button, I felt alienated. There's too much advertisement on the site that confuses me on what to do next.

5. Picnik.com

This is still on top of Google search..

6. Phixr.com

What bugs me about Phixr is that it requires registration. I didn't go even further.

7. Pixenate.com

Pixenate offers too basic photo editing features like crop, rotate, resize, brigthen, and some magic tools that brightens teeth and removes the red-eye. My camera can do those things already.

8. Lunapic.com

Just like the first one. The interface is not that neatly done. I didn't bother to continue.

9. iPiccy.com

When I opened iPiccy, I felt I was using Picnik so I clicked the Start Editing button then uploaded a sample photo.

It does not contain any advertisements which is a good thing. It does not require registration which is a plus. It offers online storage for photos, another plus. It has basic photo editing features, predefined settings and a lot more.

So far, iPiccy is the best replacement of Picnik. It almost has the same interface, same functionality, and almost the same features as Picnik.

10. Editor.pho.to

Editor.pho.to have the same interface as the Fotoflexer. What I dislike about this online tool is the presence of advertisements. I didn't bother to continue.


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;